3 Common Questions About Mold

3 Common Questions About Mold

One of the most common reasons people book water damage restoration services in University City, CA, is to prevent the growth of or get rid of mold. You may already be familiar with different aspects of this microorganism, such as why it appears and how it can harm you. 

However, a lot remains enigmatic about the fungus, but this article will lift the veil of mystery. Coming up are the answers to the 3 critical questions about mold. We’ll tell you whether you should use air purifiers, discuss the severity of the issue, and more, so read on!

Do air purifiers help with mold? 

Mold is hard to handle for a number of reasons. Primarily, it can sometimes go unnoticed, allowing the fungus to wreak havoc on your property and compromise your health

The only way to determine if you have an infestation is to schedule a professional inspection. Once experts uncover the microbe, a number of solutions may come to mind, like using air purifiers. But is this really a good idea? 

In some cases, yes. Air purifiers can trap airborne mold spores and stop them from circulating in your house. This way, they help you contain the microbes in a certain area, allowing you to treat the infestation more easily.

Keep in mind that air purifiers aren’t a cure-all. Although they target airborne spores, they’re practically useless when dealing with mold growing on furniture or other surfaces.

Do you have to throw away everything after mold? 

Mold endangers your home in many ways. For example, it increases the risk of electrical fires and can easily soak your carpets. The extent can be so large that you may need to throw away a bunch of stuff after an infestation.

The good news is that you don’t have to get rid of everything. Instead, you need only discard stuff affected by the fungus. Here are some of the most common surfaces and materials that often suffer from mold: 

  • Fabric 
  • Upholstery
  • Carpeting 
  • Drywall
  • Insulation
  • Cardboard boxes
  • Wood furniture 

How long does it take to get sick from mold exposure?

The time it takes for the first symptoms to develop depends on several factors. For example, if you’re allergic to the fungus, you may immediately react to it. Headaches, sneezing, and wheezing are a great way to tell if you’re having a mold-related fit. 

Proximity is another key consideration. The closer you are to the microorganism, the more likely you are to have sudden and intense symptoms. Finally, how long you’re exposed to mold also plays a role. Standing close to the fungus for a few minutes may be harmless, especially if you’re not sensitive. But days or months of exposure can lead to various health problems.

Do air purifiers help with mold

Where can I book the #1 water damage restoration services in University City, CA?

Regardless of the size of your infestation, you shouldn’t take mold lightly. The longer you leave it unchecked, the greater the likelihood of illnesses and missing your BBQ party at the Doyle Recreation Center.

So, don’t take a chance. Get in touch with Risk Free Serv as soon as you notice the first signs of the fungus in your house and let our trained experts tackle the issue. We are the top-rated mold removal professionals in University City and beyond who always go the extra mile to make our fellow Americans’ homes safer. 

Thanks to our experience and advanced tools, you can expect nothing but a comprehensive and highly efficient service. Head to our website or call (858) 842-5913 for a quick and painless solution to your mold-related troubles. We are available 24/7!

Share this post