eaky pipes, clogged drains, and similar malfunctions of the plumbing system – these are all common emergencies San Diego homeowners have to deal with. If not handled timely, even small plumbing troubles can cause extensive damage to your property.
To get ahead of the situation and mitigate any further damage to your home, contact water damage repair services. Your trusted water restoration technicians will arrive at your address promptly, conduct an inspection, check for the signs of potential mold growth, and get down to work. With their help, your walls, water-damaged wood floors, and other property will soon look as good as new.
How do you fix water damage?
Fixing water damage requires a certain level of expertise and experience to be done up to code. This is a complex procedure that consists of several steps, including:
- Inspection: Before any work is done, the experts will conduct a thorough inspection of the affected areas to evaluate the extent of damage and decide on the best course of action.
- Water removal: In this phase, your damage restoration technicians will use commercial-grade water extractors and vacuum cleaners to remove all the accumulated water from your house.
- Drying: Once all the water has been extracted, it’s time to dry out the entire property. The experts rely on state-of-the-art equipment like air movers and dehumidifiers to accelerate the process and remove moisture from your drywall, floors, furniture, etc.
- Cleaning and sanitizing: After your home has been dried out, it needs to be properly sanitized. This is particularly important if your property has been exposed to grey and blackwater that may contain dangerous pathogens that can seriously harm your health if ingested in any way.
- Restoration: Finally, the last stage of the water damager restoration process entails the repair of the impacted areas. Depending on the extent of the damage, your restoration professional will decide if certain parts of the structure need to be replaced or can be salvaged.
How long does it take to dry out water damage?
How long it takes to dry out water damage depends on several factors:
- The amount of water
- The type of materials affected
- The equipment used in the process
- The humidity levels in the area
- The source of the damage
- The experience of your restoration crew, etc.
While it’s hard to determine with certainty how long your crew will need to finish the job before they’re done inspecting your property, one thing is sure – the sooner the restoration process begins, the faster your home will be returned to its original state.
How can I protect my house from water damage?
To protect your home from water damage, you need to take care of potential causes of damage and handle them timely. Here is what you can do to minimize the chances of another plumbing emergency:
- Have your indoor plumbing system regularly inspected by a certified professional (shower, toiler, faucets, hoses, bathroom appliances, and similar)
- Repair any cracks in your basement and keep it moisture-free
- Keep your home’s exterior in great shape: inspect the roof, caulk the windows, clean any debris from your gutters and downspouts, check your outside spigot for leaks, etc.
Need dependable water damage repair services in San Diego or the area?
Contact Risk Free Serv. Our water damage repair & leak detection services are available across the San Diego area, and we are ready to respond to your emergency call 24/7. Whether you live in Carmel Valley, La Jolla, or any other neighborhood, we’ve got your back.
As one of the leading water damage restoration and mold remediation service providers in the area, we take our job seriously and hire only the best technicians available. Our crew consists of IICRC-certified experts who have many years of experience in the field and are ready to tackle any new challenge with success. We will do our best to finish the work as quickly as possible and let you get back to your daily routine.